Re: [linux-audio-dev] custom GUIs & XML GUIs ...Was: ladspa GUI round 2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] custom GUIs & XML GUIs ...Was: ladspa GUI round 2
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 16:31:41 EEST

>> >what if all these plugin GUIs start sending(receiving) tons of
>> > events to/from host.
>>
>> how would they do that ? they're driven by the mouse/keyboard.
>
>Hmmm... I could see how the "from" part could happen, though:
>automation. And visualization plugins, of course.

Read again. "these plugin GUIs start sending(receiving) tons of events
to/from host".

If automation is in effect, then the plugin GUI's are not sending
events, but receiving them, and if they are receiving them, there's
certainly no problem with the GUI of the host stalling, which was the
original context for the question.

--p