[linux-audio-dev] Noisy LCD

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Noisy LCD
From: Richard C. Burnett (burnett_AT_tality.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 18:36:14 EET

Well I do not have any first had experience with the noisey LCD monitors,
but I can tell you what I have discovered. Most people say when they
unhook the monitor cable from the video card the noise goes away. My
first thought would be to get a better shielded monitor cable. There was
no response to that. I am not sure exactly how an LCD of the new types
work. All I could imagine is that whatever setup they had was poorly
made. I would think it much easier to guard against noise in an LCD where
the voltages are so much lower and not as many field issues their.

The more I think of it, it sounds like a cable problem, but I did read
about this from more than three sources. Non mentioned the brands.

Hmmmm, gonna have to buy one and test it out sometime. I too want to buy
a nice one with an arm mount that I can just move to where I need it and
have it over my mixer :)

Rick

| T a l i t y | +------+ |
| Richard Burnett | +-+ | |