Re: [linux-audio-dev] Visual plugins again...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Visual plugins again...
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 20:28:48 EEST

>This one is in very early stage, but is an alternative to create the graphic
>plugins:
>
>http://www.thekompany.com/projects/korelib/index.php3?dhtml_ok=0
>
>I know that's is C++, but the guys under TheKompany are doing a very good
>job..

My impression is that although they don't discuss GUI's very much at
all, its totally tied to a specific X toolkit (Qt) and is oriented at
a specific "desktop" (KDE). This point has been discussed many times
here, and its unacceptable. I don't think that any plugin GUI system
that requires authors to adopt tools that they don't want to use is
going to succeed.

--p