we almost lost linuxdj.com (but it's safe) ! Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAD homepage down - DNS problems...

Subject: we almost lost linuxdj.com (but it's safe) ! Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAD homepage down - DNS problems...
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 11:07:49 EEST

Hello,
today I got half of a shock when I saw Joern's mails that the linuxdj.com
domain was expired.
I immediately called gardena.net that registered the domain, and they told me
this is because of internic has problems with sending emails to accounts
written in capital letters. (internic_AT_GARDENA.NET).

Fortunately they send you a last notice of the expiration through snail mail
too and my colleague told me that he renewed the registration today
so linuxdj.com is safe (huh!)

I'm very sorry for the problems, the domain should be back as soon as the
root DNS servers update.
Meanshile you can use the numeric IP:
216.169.115.47

cheers,