Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] rawmidi && alsa

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] rawmidi && alsa
From: Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 12:45:41 EEST

Hi,
knos_AT_free.fr wrote:

> does midi / rawmidi devices work _at all_ with the current alsa-cvs?
>
> i always get returned EBUSY on my setup, I thought it may be some
> misconfiguration of my own or some specific driver problem,
> but I posted on alsa-dev and i've seen other posts and bug reports
> about this problem not beeing answered.
>
> It may of course be an example of collective sillyness, but knowing
> if the problem comes from me or the alsa drivers would help a lot..
>
> so i'd be happy to know if any of you manages to get access to the
> rawmidi devices with current alsa(s)..

I discovered the same problem over the weekend - wanted to rewrite a
small OSS-based MIDI tool to work with ALSA (currently using
0.9.0beta3), but I had to discover that even the rawmidi example from
the alsa-lib archive wouldn't compile (and changing some obvious
constants didn't help me there - I did not follow the ALSA API
development at all yet).

Looks like the tools are a bit outdated compare to the actual driver/lib
stuff..

Sure, this should have been asked on alsa-devel, but since it has been
raised here... :-}

Thanks,
Frank