Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA - main components

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA - main components
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 14:41:28 EEST

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Abramo Bagnara wrote:

>> Btw; Is the aserver API also frozen?
> If you're referring to protocol between client and server this is an
> internal thing between pcm_shm implementation and aserver: it's not
> exposed.

Yup, I meant the protocol. I was playing with idea of having multiple
implementations of aserver. Think of ardour/aes implementing the aserver
protocol, so all apps using the ALSA API can output directly to
ardour... This is one design goal of LAAGA; make it possible to have
multiple implementations of the server API.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!