Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA - main components

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA - main components
From: Abramo Bagnara (abramo_AT_alsa-project.org)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 13:31:36 EEST

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> > aserver is an application that permit to access in a very effective way
> > (shm transport protocol, direct mapping of server things, etc.) devices
> > (or pseudo devices) from different applications using the alsa-lib API.
>
> Ah, this is interesting. You haven't said much about aserver before this,
> so this comes as a nice suprise. So basicly we have an already working
> shm-based process-to-process solution, with ALSA PCM-interface to the
> client app side. With this and aRts available, there doesn't seem to be
> need for "LAAGA stub client" (3) I mentioned earlier.
>
> Btw; Is the aserver API also frozen?

I don't understand what you mean here: aserver has not an API. It talk
with slave devices using ALSA API.

Remember? "One API for everything".

If you're referring to protocol between client and server this is an
internal thing between pcm_shm implementation and aserver: it's not
exposed.

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:abramo_AT_alsa-project.org

Opera Unica Phone: +39.546.656023 Via Emilia Interna, 140 48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy

ALSA project http://www.alsa-project.org It sounds good!