Re: [linux-audio-dev] Disk use causes freezes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Disk use causes freezes
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 22:51:19 EEST

>No program is using that much memory that the swap space is needed.
>It looks like cp, md5sum, tar and/or flac program (which all have
>handled large data for me) either use much memory, or Linux VM is

You would imagine that web servers would notice this rather a lot :)

Some versions of 2.2 had truly appalling VM behaviour (to the point
that I could not run Ardour on them at all). I suggest you start by
moving to 2.4, and then decide if you still need test tools. I
suspect you won't, because the issue will go away, but thats the best
way, I think.

--p