[linux-audio-dev] Partly Success(was Resampling)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Partly Success(was Resampling)
From: Alexander Ehlert (alexander.ehlert_AT_uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 11:50:42 EEST

> You can try MIDIMAN cards too. please visit
> www.midiman.com
>

> On Wednesday 01 August 2001 09:00, you wrote:
> > >Is there any card, that works fine with full duplex 44kHz and small
> > >fragment sizes? Not the Hammerfall, I want something cheaper.
> >
> > I use a Trident 4D-NX based card from Hoontech that cost about $60,
> > and it works 100% with 64 frames per interupt.

The last couple of days I was tweaking around with my alsa setup and
tried to get alsa running on my laptop with Maestro2. So I had to increase
the number of fragments. Now using 4 fragments and trying that on my
desktop, I can sample with 236 frames with input through my SBAWE32 and
output through the Hoontech YM754. Unfortunately I can get good full
duplex on both cards. The AWE can't do 44.1kHz, 16bit Fullduplex, the
Hoontech could but somehow the driver jerks. Is there a difference
between opening a device with full duplex in alsa or opening to handles,
one for input, one for output?

Cheers, Alex

--

Repartee is something we think of twenty-four hours too late. -- Mark Twain