[linux-audio-dev] Actually making music

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Actually making music
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 19:22:30 EEST

Hi all,

I actually want to record some music on my Linux box. I havn't done this
for a while (been to busy), and now I want to I find that its really hard ;)

I have used ardour before, but keeping up to date is difficult (obvious
pun avioded, phew!), and its never worked 100% for me.

Glame is OK, but crashes for me, and I don't really understand it.

Ecasound is a bit too much like cat /dev/audio!

Audacity is nice and simple but doesn't have many features (no LADSPA
support for one thing)

So, whats a good option for multitrack linux recording, right now. I have
a hammerfall and external mixer, so I don't need anything fancy, just 8+
tracks of recording and playback, and simple editing preferably with ladspa
support.

Any advice apreciated,
   Steve