Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 16:23:57 EEST

Alexander Ehlert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering why people on this list seem to ignore glame, when
> the discussion comes upon waveeditors. The waveeditor part is really
> stable now, we can edit files as large as permitted by the harddisk.
> We have even documentation, when you click on help. OK, the filternetwork
> editor is prone to crash. So I would be just curious what people dislike
> most with glame. Is it the user interface, not enough buttons, too many
> popup menus? Not enough effects?

i was introduced to GLAME on linuxtag by its authors, alexander,
daniel and richard. i had never checked it out before (who needs
another sound editor !) but it has since become part of my standard
toolkit.
check it out, its a fine piece of software.

> Glame people suck, always bitching around
> in this list ,) ?

i can say glame people are not half as bad when you meet them
personally :-D

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany