Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 16:29:59 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> Paul Winkler writes:
> >> I was just wondering why people on this list seem to ignore glame, when
> >> the discussion comes upon waveeditors. [ ... ]
> >
> >Can't compile it without GNOME. I don't like that. I guess that makes me a
> >luddite. Oh well.
>
> i *am* a luddite, and i don't like GNOME-dependent audio software either.

no offense intended paul, but you should be the last person on this
planet to complain about library dependencies :)

disk space is less than dead cheap today, and gnome libs come with
almost all distros. unlike c++ libraries, they behave well without
having to recompile them manually.

i use kde, tried to compile glame, tripped over the gnome deps,
installed the needed libs in less than 5 minutes and had glame
running in under 15 minutes, including cvs checkout.
what else could i possibly want ?

regards,

jörn "he who compileth ardour from cvs and still likes it"

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany