Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 02:17:50 EEST

In message <3B6E9BD7.4FCCD7C5_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de>you write:
>Paul Davis wrote:

>> >Can't compile it without GNOME. I don't like that. I guess that makes me a
>> >luddite. Oh well.
>>
>> i *am* a luddite, and i don't like GNOME-dependent audio software either.
>
>no offense intended paul, but you should be the last person on this
>planet to complain about library dependencies :)

its not library dependencies in general that i don't like. its
dependencies on unnecessary libraries. richard has pointed out which
GNOME libs are used, and they seem quite reasonable. its the GNOME
projects fault for making libgnomeui (really just extensions to GTK+)
depend on so many other parts of GNOME, and I have heard that in the
next GNOME release, this will be fixed.

i'm happy to have apps with a million library dependencies if they are
useful, but audio apps that require CORBA, imlib, gdk-pixbuf, wierd
compression libraries, and a bunch of other stuff - thats my dislike,
thats all.

--p