Re: [linux-audio-dev] Resampling

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Resampling
From: Jussi Laako (jlaako_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 23:57:27 EEST

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> I'm about to examine these float/double issues for IIR filters in any
> day now. I just wrote an IIR core as well.

I've got lot of stability problems with high order IIR lowpass filters.
Those tend accumulate significant DC offsets over time. OK for short samples
but not for realtime streaming, IMHO.

Of course I could add DC notch after LP but that would mess the phase
response and getting the response steep enough would be hard.

 - Jussi

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers