Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADMEA Prototype

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADMEA Prototype
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 14:41:50 EEST

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 11:14:46PM +0100, Richard W.E. Furse wrote:
> I must admit I don't really follow this - what's the point of "extending
> LADSPA to do IPC"? LADSPA is intended as a way to abstract out DSP
> algorithms - IPC sounds like an odd thing to bring into this. I could be
> missing the point however...
>
> The XML categorisation stuff is an interesting idea however.

Agreed. Another thing that I still want is the "defaults" hint system,
so, eg. a plugin can hint that a port is LADSPA_HINT_DEFUALT_0,
LADSPA_HINT_DEFUALT_1, LADSPA_HINT_DEFUALT_MIN etc.

I think this would be very useful when hosts try to create a gui.

I also liked the key/value metadata idea, but I don't thinks thats as
useful.

- Steve