[linux-audio-dev] Business Announcement from Boost Hardware Limited.

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Business Announcement from Boost Hardware Limited.
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 05:58:27 EEST

Tena kotau.

This is just a small announcement to inform interested parties that
Boost Hardware is now a limited liability company.

So what some might say.

This is nothing amazing at this point in time but it could have
interesting implications for Linux Audio in the future. By incorporating
Boost Hardware we now have access to credit card facilities via
ecommerce transactions. This could impact on Linux audio over the next
few years. Presuming we manage to keep our heads above water.

For example we intend to offer custom built portable recording
workstations running entirely on linux. Hopefully that is only one of
many ideas that will come to fruition in regards to Linux Audio.

Another thing is that our primary business is in importing Korean
computer products. For those who are interested we may be able to get
some extreemely good deals on specific hardware.

I personally am considering ways that Boost Hardware can give back to
the Linux Audio Community. One of which is creating and hosting the
Linux Audio Users guide. I am also looking into ways that Boost Hardware
could make a financial contribution. If there is a way then I hope that
other people/businesses will be interested in getting their hands dirty
too.

One idea I have in that arena is the possibility of setting up a fund
which could be used to contribute to things like Linux Tag or helping
people to get to conferences, setting up exhibitions etc... I'm sure
that our community would benefit from this if it was managed in the
correct way. Whatever that turns out to be.

So I look forward to your comments and hope that if I do start making an
impact it will be to the advantage of Linux Audio.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Manager Boost Hardware
Limited.