[linux-audio-dev] [OT] Cool Edit & Snd comparison survey (brief)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] Cool Edit & Snd comparison survey (brief)
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 18:36:53 EEST

Greetings:

  I'm preparing a set of tutorials for Snd, and I'm also working on a
new article for O'Reilly Network in which I'll be comparing (nicely) Snd
to Cool Edit 2000 (*not* CE Pro). I hope to supply migrating CE users
with materials that will ease their way into using Snd.

  So, if you're using one or both of those programs, perhaps you could
answer the following few questions:

1) How do you most typically use Cool Edit, i.e., what routines do you
most commonly access ?

2) What do you consider CE's greatest strength as a soundfile editor ?

3) What do you like most/least about CE ?

4) What would you most like to see in Snd ?

5) Do you prefer Snd with GTK, Motif, or no GUI at all ?

6) What do you like most/least about Snd ?

CE and/or Snd that you want to mention. The purpose of my article is not
to slag either app, it simply aims to help new users of Snd get into
that program more quickly and with fewer bumps along the way.

  Thanks in advance for your help !

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net