Re: [linux-audio-dev] How non-programmers use documentation.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] How non-programmers use documentation.
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 12:33:01 EEST

>From: Kevin Conder <kconder_AT_interaccess.com>
>
>12. Non-programmers don't want to see information about how a feature was
>implemented.

In audio processing they will want if they are professionals.
So many things can go wrong if DSP algorithms are incorrectly
implemented. One needs to look at manuals of good commercial
products to see that the algorithms are very carefully explaned.
(Don't look at poor software/hardware; pick up the best ones.)

>16. Non-programmers that I talked to have never sent a bug report or a
>feature request to a software company. The idea of sending one directly to
>a programmer or a technical writer was a completely foreign concept.

Sometimes it is so difficult to reach the developers. For example,
I have no idea to where I should submit a bug list of my Nokia 3310
mobile phone.

On the other hand, users are in belief that software is supposed
to work as it does. And I'm talking about trivial things like
re-sizing the selection in an audio or image editor.

Juhana