Re: [linux-audio-dev] Phazor : Anybody know what happened to it?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Phazor : Anybody know what happened to it?
From: Scott McNab (sdm_AT_fractalgraphics.com.au)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 08:53:53 EEST

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I was wandering around on Dave Phillips' sound and music page when I came
> across this:
>
> phazor creates ambient textures by a very interesting use of the FFT
>
> http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~mcnab-sd/phazor/
>
> The link is dead, but the concept really peaked my interest. Did anyone
> happen to download this thing and have it stashed away on a harddrive
> somewhere?

Yeah I wrote that while doing my final-year research into spectral
modelling synthesis while I was at uni. That page was hosted in my uni
account which has been long closed since I graduated.

> If they do, I'd be really interested in getting a copy.

I'll dig around on my hard drive tonight and see if I've still got it.

Ahh actually, I remember I kept a copy online elsewhere:

  http://www.alsa-project.org/~mcnab/phazor-0.1b.tar.gz

I dont remember if that is the latest version though.

Hmmm I should probably dig up all my spectral modelling source code
one day and put it on the web. Dave Phillips was interested in it at
the time but I never got around to doing anything more with it.

Would anyone be interested in this stuff? I dont really have the time
to work on it any more but if anyone thinks they could use any of it
I'll see if I can resurrect it (should be able to GPL it I think).

Scott