Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gibson develops audio over ethernet protocol

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gibson develops audio over ethernet protocol
From: Joe Pfeiffer (pfeiffer_AT_cs.nmsu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 08:24:23 EET

Erik Walthinsen <omega_AT_temple-baptist.com> wrote:

   On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> and no, its not raw pcm. they packetize using UDP.

   No, the packets aren't even IP, which is what bugs me the most. They have
   Ethernet frame headers, then are their own format from there up.

I don't see an a priori problem with that -- is their format published?

--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002