Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 16:05:22 EET

>Out of intererst, how does VST deal with getting large lumps of data to
>the DSP part? A lot of VST plugins do that, but I don't remeber seeing
>anything in the API that supports it.

they have the notion of a "program". the setProgram() method is used
to do this, and can involve arbitrary chunks of code. i am not sure
how it interlocks with process()/processReplacing().

btw, now that i think about it, i think that VST does enforce the
"parameters cannot change during processing". i believe this is done
by the setParameter() method.

i'll ask about both things on vst-plugins.

--p