Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)
From: Richard Guenther (rguenth_AT_tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 16:17:28 EET

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Steve Harris wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 08:59:26 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> >
> > the main area of potential evolution right now concerns the right form
> > for the argument to lcp_open(). if the GUI's are always on the same
> > system, which they would be if fork/execed by the host, `pid' makes
> > sense. but for more generality, GUI's could be started on other
> > systems (PDA's anyone?) and then sockaddr_in or something similar
> > would be appropriate.
>
> How about adopting the same approach X uses. unix domain sockets on local
> machines and tcpip on remote ones, I believe.

Note that we are not speaking of a timing critical part, so always
using tcpip will simplify implementation. Also we could make use
of existing technology and simply present a http server to the GUI
(which in turn can be any browser) either from the LADSPA host
or directly from each plugin.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_uni-tuebingen.de>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/