Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 16:20:59 EET

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Steve Harris wrote:

> > PER-PLUGIN VERSIONING
> >
> > Hmmm, not sure about this. PluginID+Version is just a bigger int, so we can
> > get away with just PluginIDs in principle. I'm not sure versioning helps
>
> Yup, I agree. I will try to bump id numbers in plugins that have new
> interfaces form now on.

Well, from what I've gathered, plugin_id is handed down by the LADSPA
cabal. Having an additional version number would give the author some
breathing room. It would also make upgrading presets a bit easier,
because there wouldn't be numerous directories; a new one each time
there's an upgrade.

Taybin