Re: [linux-audio-dev] LCP v0.1.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LCP v0.1.0
From: Richard Guenther (rguenth_AT_tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 11:09:00 EET

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> ok, there's a new version of LCP at
>
> http://www.op.net/~pbd/lcp-0.1.0.tar.gz

I've finally had the time to read the API and have some
minor issues (the idea is to be able to use the protocol
for non-LADSPA plugins):

- I'd like to change the host/plugin specification in
  lcp_open to be able to specify both (or just the host
  for a "complete" open) in a string like, f.i. "HOST/plugin"

- I'd like to have the port in lcp_write/read specified
  as string, too.

Also what seems to be missing is the API part for querying
a host for its plugins and the plugins for its ports.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_uni-tuebingen.de>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/