Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 11:58:13 EET

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 09:58:35 +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:

> I dont want to use a complex protocol (http isnt complex) - and using

HTTP is complex compared to what has been suggested. The main reason
people are under the impression that HTTP isn't complicated is because
they don't implement it correctly!

Also we allready have 2 clients that implement the proposed protocol.

> an existing protocol allows you to use existing clients/servers that
> are known to work to debug your implementation (and in case of http
> you even get some GUI stuff for free). But well - I dont have time
> to implement it, so you're again more fast at coding than we in
> discussing.

Discussions on this began in earnest back in March of this year.
http://www.eca.cx/lad/2001/Mar/0243.html

Even then it was an idea I had been bangining on about for a while.

- Steve