Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Control GUI metadata

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Control GUI metadata
From: xfm_AT_free.fr
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 15:15:12 EET

>> Because if someone comes with a cool XML-GUI reader, and that I'm too lazy
>> provide an ad hoc GUI, it would be interesting to write a simple XML GUI
>> description and specifiy that the GUI program should be /usr/bin/xmlread
with
>> option plugin.xml

>/usr/bin/xmlread would be able to load the correct XML file, as it is
>given the uniqueid of the plugin when its exec'd.

Except when you write the plugin & the XML file AFTER /usr/bin/xmlgui (or
xmlgui should know where to find GUI description files before they have been
created : setting a well known parameter files directory, for example
using /usr/share/whatever/$GUIENGINE/$UNIQUE_ID as parameter files may be an
option, of course ) ...