[linux-audio-dev] Hard-drives and soundcard support

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Hard-drives and soundcard support
From: Dan Frost (danielfrost_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 21:12:24 EET

Dear list,

I'm hoping to move over to linux, in order to join you happy developers, from
windows. I want to do this by buying a 2nd hard-drive for linux and dual
booting, using a floppy to change the boot-order. Could anyone tell me if
there's a min-spec you'd recomend for linux audio for a hd?

Also, i've got a Hoontech DSP24 and ADC&DAC2000 (as well as the Creative Labs
that came with the Dell). I notice alsa supports Hoontech SoundTrack Digital
4DWave NX - does anyone know if it supports my Hoontech stuff?

And lastly - i've a little programming knowledge (mostly C++), which i'm going
to expand on very shortly. Is there a small project that anyone would recomend
learning linux-audio on/by having a look at?

Many Thanks

Dan Frost