Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: Jussi Laako (jussi.laako_AT_kolumbus.fi)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 21:49:35 EET

Paul Davis wrote:

> my studio/drumming friend (who has loads of experience with this
> stuff) will sometimes use 12 tracks just to record a rythmn
> track. this lets him play with the role of each drum in the piece in a
> way that sticking a stereo mike above a drumset just doesn't permit.

I'd like to note that there are very good direct-to-two-track recordings of
classical and jazz music done using only one DAT recorder (or similar).

Mostly in audiophile record arena. See Chesky, Sheffield Labs, and Reference
Recordings.

I personally like to play with real ear -recordings. Just put small high
quality mic capsules to ear plugs and put those into your ears and record to
DAT. Now you have recorded _real_ 3D soudscape. Listen with headphones.

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers