Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: Jussi Laako (jussi.laako_AT_kolumbus.fi)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 21:44:10 EET

Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Jussi Laako wrote:
> > Where can I download hardware specs for the RME Hammerfall series so
> > that I can write some own code for it? It's not available at ALSA site.
> > Why?
>
> The same reason andre hedrick doesn't make available the chipset
> documentation for ALI or serverworks southbridge on www.linux-ide.org,
> because it's NDA.

I find this a bit confusing, when same people are saying that drivers
shouldn't be written for hardware that requires NDA's.

Don't blame others not being open if you can't be open yourself.

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers