RE: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 05:53:29 EET

> that's very shortsighted. also selfish (in contrast to sharing ideas
> that
> are behind linux).

I do not see it being that way since there is no way that I could, for
instance, write a good Alsa port for crapple architecture when I do not
even own one. I see nothing selfish or shortsighted about that, neither
do I think it contrasts with the idea behind Linux. Linux never stood
for "selected few should write a driver for everything and everyone,
while the rest of us should then just use it and complain how the
implementation sucked." It stands for "here's my code that works for me,
hack away and port it so that it works for you and others who use
architecture like you, and while doing so, ask them to help you, just as
people who have architecture like me have helped me."

Ico