RE: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 10:47:09 EET

> No, of course not. WE (linux audio developers / users) should not
> settle for less than we want. But we should not be angry at the larger
> community of kernel developers for failing to provide us with anything
> better than OSS, because most of them have very modest audio-related
> needs, if any.

True. Although we might be somewhat resentful at them for discouraging
our LL patches from being included in the kernel... BUT, I will stop
right here since I am not informed enough regarding this whole
controversial issue that raged on kernel mailing lists a half year ago
(if I remember correctly), and I do not feel like opening the old
wounds...

(From what I heard though is that the LL patches in their original form
were too "hack-ish" to enter the kernel tree [at least they were at the
time, but that seems not to be the case any more, please correct me here
if I am wrong], but then again, there have seemingly been a lot of
things added to the kernel lately that have a questionable quality --
again, please correct me if I am wrong with his one...)

Ico