RE: [linux-audio-dev] Hard-drives and soundcard support

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Hard-drives and soundcard support
From: STEFFL, ERIK *Internet* (SBCSI) ("STEFFL,)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 12:22:44 EET

  you can disable the HD in bios but you cannot boot from it then. so you
might want to get one more HD that would be recognized (smaller, I guess you
can get those very cheap) and use the bigger HD as non-boot drive.

  I had the same problem with 60GB Matrox (but they said it straight away -
if you have problems, make the disk appear smaller), luckily I still had an
original 2GB HD that I used for booting.

        erik