RE: [linux-audio-dev] Hard-drives and soundcard support

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Hard-drives and soundcard support
From: STEFFL, ERIK *Internet* (SBCSI) ("STEFFL,)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 00:35:29 EET

  this depends on how bad the bios is, e.g. the bios I had (when I had same
problem) wouldn't recognize the disk at all, unless you limit the size (but
in that case the size is limited on the disk side so linux can only read the
limited part of disk as well).

  if bios support is good enough to be able to boot off that disk then it
might help to create apartition at the beginning, boot of that and then
linux would use the full disk

        erik