Re: [linux-audio-dev] lcp-0.2.0 available

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] lcp-0.2.0 available
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 15:31:07 EET

>> in this release, its no longer necessary for clients to handle
>> "changed" messages from the LCP host if they don't want to.
>
>Ummmm. Sorry, I can't keep up with everything on this list. If you
>make an announcement like this it would be really nice to have a couple
>of lines explaining what it is.

LCP is the/a LADSPA Control Protocol. It allows developers to write
GUI's for a LADSPA plugin that using any GUI technology they wish
(preferably a portable toolkit). The GUI communicates with a LADSPA
host that supports LCP, sending (and optionally receiving) changes in
the values of the plugins control ports. The GUI is run in a different
process than the LADSPA host, and need not be on the same system (they
can be connected via tcp/ip. It is anticipated that most of the time,
the GUI will be started by the LADSPA host in response to some user
action.

Documentation on the (very simple protocol) is in lcp.h.

--p