Re: [linux-audio-dev] Introducing DMIDI

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Introducing DMIDI
From: Martijn Sipkema (msipkema_AT_sipkema-digital.com)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2001 - 17:02:42 EET

On 21.12.2001 at 20:49:30, Sebastien Metrot <meeloo_AT_noos.fr> wrote:

> You can have a look at the specs here:
> http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/~sbartels/unitor/
>
> German only and I don't speak german :-(( (if anybody wants to translate the

> document I'm willing to help maintaining the driver...

I've already written a Unitor driver for BeOS once using this information.
But the AMT protocol isn't discussed in it. The Unitor can be used without
AMT. You can basically just send a MIDI stream to the serial port the
Unitor is connected to at 115200 baud. To access the different port use the
0xf5 (I think) cable message. I'm still thinking about what is the best way
to support serial MIDI for Linux. This would enable the use of 'to host'
ports on a lot of synthesizers and Unitor/AMT, midiator, some mark of the
unicorn interfaces. I think it should be a user space server, not a driver.

--martijn