Re: [linux-audio-dev] How to get 64+ channels from a single computer?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] How to get 64+ channels from a single computer?
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 17:06:57 EET

>Feeding all cards with the same clock is no problem, but as far as I know,
>there is no hardware support for synchronising start/stop between cards.
>Is the built-in ALSA software synchronisation good enough to get 48 kHz
>sample alignment?

i don't think we know yet. in theory, it could easily be. jaroslav or
abramo told me that its done entirely in the kernel, so the delay
should be on the order of tens of microseconds or (much) less.

>Is there a solution to my problem? Either synchronise a few RME9652, or
>find some other sound card with more channels.

AFAIK, there are none. there are are not even any other cards with the
same number as the hammerfall.

--p