Re: [linux-audio-dev] sound studio setup

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] sound studio setup
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 04:08:43 EET

>an iCube

Joe Miklojcik has told me that he finds the iCube latency poor, and
prefers hooking up their sensors to his Doefper Drehbank. I would tend
to agree with him, though the iCube is more portable (i.e. you can
build things with it and carry the thing around). even though i like
mine, US$900 seems like a lot just for the digitizer.

>good studio earphones

if anyone knows of anything better than the Sony MDR-7506's, please tell
me. They go down to 10Hz, and you can really tell ...

i would also strongly suggest a <US$100 investment in a patchbay
(eg. from neutrik). its made my life *so* much easier.

if you plan to do lots of MIDI, and have cash to burn, get a MidiTemp
Matrix 16x16 MIDI router (Euro. 1000). Beautiful piece of hardware,
and will solve almost any MIDI problem you can imagine.

--p