[linux-audio-dev] sound studio setup

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] sound studio setup
From: Reynald Hoskinson (bean_AT_openface.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 02:47:57 EET

hi there,
i've been asked to propose some audio equiptment to buy for a little
sound studio here at the CS dept at the University of British Columbia.
We're starting from scratch, so I'd like some suggestions on what a core
setup really needs. The main platform of choice will be linux, so any
equipment has to be linux-compatible. The studio will focus on audio
research rather than production. I've been to pbd's (pd's?) studio setup
listing, and saw some interesting stuff.
here's what initally comes off the top of my head:

an iCube
a good touch-sensitive keyboard
a hammerfall, or other linux-compatible low latency multichannel sound
card
some kind of mixer
speakers, amplifier et. all
good studio earphones
a good microphone

recommendations of favourite brands welcome.

thanks,
reynald hoskinson