Re: [linux-audio-dev] protux, stereo and interleaving

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] protux, stereo and interleaving
From: Richard Dobson (rwd_AT_cableinet.co.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 11:46:23 EET

It's interesting to me read about 'the kind of plugins LADSPA is meant
for'. I would like to know more about this. I need to do both
de-interleaved processing (for my real-time pvoc processing) and
'wide-buss' interleaved processing, such as handling Second-order
B-Format data (nine channels!). But even in the pvoc work, the analysis
frames are interleaved by audio channel. Overall, interleaved data seems
much more generic, and real-time friendly. Is it really such a
performance-killer - the time to [de]interleave data is a knats-p in a
millpond compared to doing 600+ FFTs in real-time...

Richard Dobson

--
Test your DAW with my Soundcard Attrition Page!
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masrwd (LU: 3rd July 2000)