Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sequencer Sync Woes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sequencer Sync Woes
From: Vektor Sigma (vektor_AT_DIV8.NET)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 16:53:15 EET

Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de):

> i did some more improvements to the time-based clock, and now i am
> thinking about how to implement sync to external q/24. [...]

  When I'm syncing to an external source, I just play events as I get
clock messages, and don't bother trying to estimate the tempo or
anything. Why would you need to?

  (i.e., every 3rd clock pulse, check if any notes to play, if so, play
   them).

> ps what is DIN sync, and on what medium is it transported?

  It's the old pre-MIDI sync method. Uses the same cables as MIDI.
Used on Roland gear like the TR-606, TR-707, TB-303, etc. Do a google
search for "din sync".

--
Billy Biggs                     bbiggs_AT_dumbterm.net
http://www.billybiggs.com/      wbiggs_AT_uwaterloo.ca