[linux-audio-dev] delta 1010 + alsa 0.6 ?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] delta 1010 + alsa 0.6 ?
From: Yann Orlarey (orlarey_AT_grame.fr)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 00:38:45 EET

I have to write a simple program that read the 10+2 input channels of a
delta 1010, do some processing and write the 10 output channels. As I am
used to OSS API, I tried to use the OSS commercial drivers, but the result
was not very good, with many clicks (even when just copying inputs to
outputs) and I didn't succeed in changing the number and size of fragments.

I decided then to try with alsa 0.6 (I was told of problems with alsa 0.5
to synchronize the input and output channels) but unfortunately there is no
documentation and most of the examples from the cvs version don't compile.

Does anyone has a short example that could help me to figure out how to use
alsa 0.6 API ?

-Yo-

Yann Orlarey, (orlarey_AT_grame.fr)
GRAME, 9 rue du Garet, BP 1185, 69202 Lyon, France
http://www.grame.fr
telephone : +33 (0)4 72 07 37 00, fax : +33 (0)4 72 07 37 01