[linux-audio-dev] hammerfall help (with 0.6.0)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] hammerfall help (with 0.6.0)
From: Greg Wilder (gwilder1_AT_rochester.rr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 23:08:55 EET

Thanks so much to those who posted replies to my earlier call for help with
the hammerfall under linux. Because to your comments, I'm now running alsa
0.6.0 but having more errors than before. When I run aplay, I get this:

ALSA lib conf.c:640:(snd_config_load) :6:5:Unexpected char
aplay: main:440: audio open error: Invalid argument

Is alsa not seeing the card? I'm not sure at all what this means --
everything compiled and installed without trouble. What exactly does the
"passthru" utility do? Would it be helpful to me here? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg Wilder
Eastman School of Music