Re: [linux-audio-dev] good intro article on mLAN

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] good intro article on mLAN
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 14:21:43 EET

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 11:26:44PM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> http://www.keyboardmag.com/features/mlan/index.shtml
>
> the free software world is going to have move quickly to get on this
> bandwagon once it starts rolling.

Absolutly. For anyone who hasn't seen it I have a page of linux mLAN
related links at http://inanna.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~swh/mLAN/links.html
including a series of three articles that Paul Wiffen wrote for SOS in the
UK, and Yamaha's current mLAN products (all three of them ;)

I've spoken to the linux 1394 guys, and they seemed confident that linux's
1394 support is complete enough to support mLAN, and the driver is in
2.4 series kernels.

I've toyed with trying to get a developers board or mlan mixer expansion
card from yamaha and writing an alsa driver a couple of times, but I
don't want to make a bad job of it, and alsa seems extremely complicated.

- Steve