[linux-audio-dev] RME HammerFall pbm

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] RME HammerFall pbm
From: Sebastien Metrot (meeloo_AT_noos.fr)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 16:08:50 EET

Hi,

I'm having a problem configuring my digi 9636 under the latest Mandrake
Cooker.
I downloaded the 5.10b driver base, compiled it and when I try to load the
rme driver /var/log/message complains twice about a memory allocation error.
I checked the code and it seems to try allocating 1.7Mbytes. Is this the
normal behaviour? I tried to lower the requested memory until the kernel
malloc is ok, and I get to point where I can load the driver with really
less memory but of course it is unusable.

Is there anything I can do?

(Mandrake cooker has a 2.4.1 kernel)

Thanks in advance,

Sebastien Metrot