Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI spec status?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI spec status?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 14:05:51 EET

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:43:21AM +0800, Daniel V. wrote:
> Hi all. I was wondering what the status of the LADSPA gui spec was? Last
> time it was mentioned a quite detailed XML proposal was put up by pbd;
> has that been accepted, is being extended or put on hold?

As far as I know the XML spec was deemed to be good, but no-one has implemented
it. I did have a plan to knock something up with SDL, maybe controlling
ecasound, but there are so many other things to be done.

Yabin Rutkin(sp?) has been working on saving plugin state via XML, but that is
a different issue, maybe he plans to implement the GUI as well.

Speaking of which does anyone know what the side effects would be of building a
plugin that used X (probably via gtk+), would it cause problems if being run
inside another X program?

I haven't heard anything back from Yamaha re: mLAN, but I've found a more
recent set of mLAN pages, with a different email address on so I'l try that
later.

- Steve