Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI spec status?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI spec status?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 12:30:07 EET

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 03:32:14PM +1100, Conrad Parker wrote:
> yup -- any X program can be embedded in another, this is a feature
> of X11 (reparenting, in X11-speak).

I was actually thinking of a completly independent window from the app,
but that was interesting, thanks.

I have an idea for a plugin that needs to load a pcm file when it starts,
poping up a file load diaglog is the only sane thing I could think of.

Other things I thought of were setting an environment variable (yuk), or
always loading from, say /tmp/sampleN.wav where n is a plugin parameter
(also yuk), or combinations of the two.

The right answer of course is not to use LADSPA, but I don't know of any
alternatives just yet.

- Steve