Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI spec status?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI spec status?
From: pcburns_AT_mail.zip.com.au
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 04:14:52 EET

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 03:32:14PM +1100, Conrad Parker wrote:
> I have an idea for a plugin that needs to load a pcm file when it
> starts, poping up a file load diaglog is the only sane thing I
> could think of.

I think that LADSPA needs to be given some extended functionality. There should
be input and output control ports that can be used to pass strings to and from
the plugin. This could enable plugins for reading and writing sample file
formats. Or perhaps plugins that take the audio input and write it out
to /dev/dsp or where ever.

Perhaps this idea should be extended further to enabling any type of data to be
sent to and from the control ports. Since xml gets an occassional mention on
this mailing list, perhaps xml could be used to define what a control port
expects as its arguments and to pass the data itself, in a simlar way to xml-
rpc.

To go back to the topic of the thread, where can the latest ladspa GUI spec be
found?

Peter
Burns