Re: [linux-audio-dev] peakfiles and EDL's

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] peakfiles and EDL's
From: Robert Schrem (Robert.Schrem_AT_WiredMinds.de)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 11:29:31 EET

> Stick with one peakfile per soundfile and live with the phase error,
> unless I am completely missing something and the phase error actually
> does more than shift the display by a maximum of one pixel (in which
> case, please tell me what I am missing).

E.g.: Just think of two identical sine waves that you mix thogether
with a small phase shift. If the phase shift between the two
sine waves is 180 degrees, the mixing result whould be complete silence,
but the mix of the peak data would be far from being accurate for every
frequency of the sine waves. Which frequencies are displayed accurately
whould depend on the sampling frequency of the peak files in relation
to the HiRes data sampling frequency.

That's the problem as I understand pd.

robby