Re: [linux-audio-dev] peakfiles and EDL's

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] peakfiles and EDL's
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 17:13:53 EET

>From: Robert Schrem <Robert.Schrem_AT_WiredMinds.de>
>
>Before takeing every 2048 sample for the peak file I think the
>audio data should be filtered for at least two reasons:

You seem have misunderstood the peakfiles.
No filtering whatsoever; just find min and max values of the period.

>is a time offset between two peak file maps we just pick the nearest
>neigbour of each peak file.

Nope. Nearest neighbor is not enough. One needs to find min and max
values of peakfile in some given range (peak samples under the rendered
pixel, for example).

So:
 -In greating peak files, check every audio sample
 -In greating waveform, check every peak sample
That is, no skippings.

Regards,

Juhana