Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: ladspa xml gui - web site needed !

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: ladspa xml gui - web site needed !
From: Frank Neumann (franky_AT_viona.de)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 12:25:53 EET

Hi,
Daniel Venkitachalam wrote:

> Would it be too ugly to have a predetermined path for the xml
> definitions (eg /usr/local/lib/ladspa/gui)? Then each definition
> references a particular plugin by ID number, by adding a "plugin"
> to <interface>. It is then up to the host to scan the available
> GUI's and make them available depending on which plugins are
> installed. This has the advantage of not touching the LADSPA
> spec, and also allows different GUI layouts for the same plugin
> where appropriate.

We already have $LADSPA_PATH for plugins, so I think it would be a good
idea to reuse it - like, put the xml files into the same directory, or
probably into a "gui" subdirectory under $LADSPA_PATH. You'll want to keep
the plugins and their GUI descriptions close together anyway (IMHO, of course).

Frank